1.11.05

How to disappear completely (up your own arse)

Considering how ambivalent I'm feeling about returning to the fatherland, this here had me well freaked out. In case youse don't speak the lingo, congratulations these are people seriously discussing blogs. Are they pop literature? Are they pulp literature? Are they high literature? Are they literature at all? Is it a genre? And if so, why, and if not, why not, and bla this and bla that. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of debating as much as the next wanker person but this is really... scary somehow. And not only because they're about 3 years behind the rest of the world, or because of the apparent earnestness and, dare I say, lack of humour (yea, I know...) of the debate. I thought people would've lightened the fuck up in the past what is it now, seven years? But apparently not. Oh well, I've whinged on and on about the state of public discourse in Australia so I guess I've got it coming. Still: not everything (and definitely not blogs!) has to be intellectually dissected until it is but a barely twitching corpse, Germans.

Mir geht ja eh ab und an die Düse, ob das so eine gute Idee ist mit dem nach HH gehen nächstes Jahr. Nicht daß mich jemand falsch versteht: ich freu' mich ja drauf, bald wieder in einem Land mit funktionierender intellektueller Alltagskultur zu leben. Und als ich hörte, daß das hier am Start ist, dachte ich: Siehste, genau so was hast du hier immer vermißt, Leute die auch hin und wieder mal reflektieren. Und dann guckt man hier und das alte Gruseln ist sofort wieder da. Ich darf mal einige Worte aus der dortigen Diskussion über Blogs (Blogs!) zitieren: "Rechtslage", "Intentionen", "qualitativer Literaturbegriff", "ein bewusster - auch kompositorischer - Formwille", oder "Legitimationszwang". Und mein Lieblingssatz: "Da [in Blogs] fehlt mir persönlich die Kreativität, der schaffende Geist, das Erfinden und Gestalten von Personen und Ereignissen."

Das kann ja was werden nächstes Jahr.